Recently Demir Research Group has published a paper in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces Journal. This study reports Mn−Fe heterodoped ZnSe tetrapod nanocrystals (NCs) synthesized to synergistically enhance contrast in both T1- and T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The proposed NCs were prepared using a customized heteroarchitecture such that the manganese (Mn) is confined in the core and iron (Fe) in the branches of the tetrapods.
"Colloidal Nanoparticles as dual-modal contrast age for MRI" from Demir Research Group recently has been published in Nanoscale Journal. This work reports the first study of highly monodisperse and crystalline iron oxide nanocubes with sub-nm controlled size distribution (9.7 ± 0.5 nm in size) that achieve simultaneous contrast enhancement in both T1- and T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
A new study by Özgür Yılmaz, Dr. Emine Ülkü Sarıtaş and Dr. Tolga Çukur has been published in JMRI. In this study, a new strategy is proposed for phase-sensitive fat-water separation in bSSFP images acquired with phased-array coils. In vivo results show that the proposed strategy outpetforms conventional methods in terms of fat-water separation. Click here for the full article.
A new study by Efe Ilıcak, Prof. Dr. Kader Karlı Oğuz and Dr. Tolga Çukur has been published in NMR in Biomedicine. The study develops a novel reconstruction technique for non-contrast enhanced angiograms for improved blood-background contrast without compromising vessel depiction. Simulations and in vivo experiments conducted during the study show that the developed strategy outperforms regular reconstructions consistently across subjects. Click here for the full article.
ISMRM'16 was held in Singapore. UMRAM had a strong appearance there.
Berk Silemek received magna cum laude merit award for his presentation entitled Subacute In-Vivo RF Heating of an Active Medical Implantable Device Under MRI Using Temperature Sensor Implant.
Cemre Ariyurek's traditional poster was selected among the top ten most popular abstracts. Her poster is entitled "Experimental Validation of High Shear Wave Displacement at Mode Frequencies in MR Elastography".
Koray Ertan worked on the challenge on simultaneous multislice imaging and become 5th. ASELSAN researcher, Emre Kopanoglu become 6th on the same challenge. Emre Kopanoglu become 5th in the pTx challenge.
Congratulations to all.
Alireza Sadeghi Tarakameh of UMRAM received MS degree from the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Bilkent University. He defended his thesis on May 18, 2016. His thesis was on a Birdcage-Like RF Transmit Array Coil. In his work, this coil was analyzed as a circuit model. His thesis defense committee was composed of Ozgur Salih Ergul of Middle East Technical University and Vakur Erturk and Ergin Atalar of Bilkent University. His thesis adviser was Ergin Atalar. Alireza plans to continue his education at Bilkent University as a PhD student.
Katja Doerschner has been promoted to be Associate Professor in Bilkent University. Dr. Doerschner has been with Bilkent University since September 2008. She is currently on leave of absence and working in University of Giessen with funds obtained by the Sofia Kovalevskaya Award received from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Kamil Ugurbil received Vehbi Koc prize
- Ali Khatibi joined UMRAM
- Emine Ulku Saritas received BAGEP prize
- UMRAM is in a new building
- A new study by Dr. Oktay Algin on Neuroradiology of ESNR
- UMRAM New Year Celebration
- Towards Ultrarapid MRI Examinations
- ASELSAN - UMRAM Compressive Sensing MRI Project
- default mode network connectivity is linked to cognitive functioning and csf aβ1-42 levels in alzheimer’s disease
- Assessment of the effect of cigarette smoking on regional brain volumes and lesion load in patients with clinically isolated syndrome
- White matter involvement beyond the optic nerves in crion as assessed by diffusion tensor imaging
- EVALUATION of PATIENTS with CSF DISORDERS by 3D-SPACE TECHNIQUE
- Effects of Pulse Duration on Magnetostimulation Thresholds
- Tolga Cukur and Emine Ulku Saritas to be deemed to deserve TUBA GEBİP
- Research Topic on Vision
- Learned Associations and Multisensory Processes
- Ground Is Broken for Sabuncu Brain Center
- 5th International Workshop on MPI (IWMPI) organized by UMRAM
- Tolga Cukur has been awarded the EMBO Installation Grant
- Accelerated Phase-Cycled SSFP Imaging with Compressed Sensing