Prof. Kamil Ugurbil of University of Minnesota received 15th Vehbi Koc prize. He visited UMRAM one day before the ceremony. Dr. Ugurbil is a very well known scientist in the field of MRI. He has many significant contributions to MRI including the invention of functional MRI. He is author and co-author on more than 400 high-impact journal papers. As one indicator of his contributions, his h-index is 93 as of today.
Ali Khatibi has joined UMRAM faculty. Ali is a graduate of KU Leuven, Belgium. He did a postdoctoral training at University of Montreal, Canada and joined the Department of Psychology of Bilkent in September 2015. His main research interest is pain. Specifically, he targets the cognitive mechanisms associated with the processing of pain. He uses MRI as a tool in his research.
Emine Ulku Saritas of UMRAM received "Bilim Akademisi Genç Bilim Insanları Ödül Programı (BAGEP)" award of the Science Academy for her contributions to Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Particle Imaging. This year there were a total of 48 awardees in all subject areas. The science academy was formed in Nov 2011 as an independent non-governmental organization to promote, pactice and uphold the principles of scientific merit, freedom and integrity. Ergin Atalar of UMRAM is a member of the Science Academy.
UMRAM has moved to a new building!! With the donation received from Aysel Sabuncu, a new brain research center has been established. UMRAM moved to this building and resumed its full operation in a larger and nicer place. 3T MRI scanner is fully operational. UMRAM continues to have open access policy. Looking forward to see all the researchers who has interest in MRI research at UMRAM.
A new study by Dr. Oktay Algın has been published. In this study, visibility and patency of Liliequist’s membrane are investigated on 3D-SPACE images. As a result, 3D-SPACE sequence (with variant FA mode) is proven to be a feasible method of demonstration of this important membrane.
Feasibility of 3D-SPACE technique on the assessment of CSF related structures was first shown by Dr. Algın 7 years ago on preliminary animal experiments. Studies about applications of 3D-SPACE technique on various fields have been done since then in UMRAM. Please find more details in the link below:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=algin+3d-space
We have celebrated the coming year of 2016 in UMRAM traditionally. We would like to thank everybody who came celebrate it with us. We wish all our members and alike to have a wonderful, successful year.
ASELSAN and Bilkent University UMRAM have partnered in a colloborative project that aims to significantly reduce MRI scan times to improve patient comfort and monitoring efficiency while reducing healthcare costs. For more information:
- ASELSAN - UMRAM Compressive Sensing MRI Project
- default mode network connectivity is linked to cognitive functioning and csf aβ1-42 levels in alzheimer’s disease
- Assessment of the effect of cigarette smoking on regional brain volumes and lesion load in patients with clinically isolated syndrome
- White matter involvement beyond the optic nerves in crion as assessed by diffusion tensor imaging
- EVALUATION of PATIENTS with CSF DISORDERS by 3D-SPACE TECHNIQUE
- Effects of Pulse Duration on Magnetostimulation Thresholds
- Tolga Cukur and Emine Ulku Saritas to be deemed to deserve TUBA GEBİP
- Research Topic on Vision
- Learned Associations and Multisensory Processes
- Ground Is Broken for Sabuncu Brain Center
- 5th International Workshop on MPI (IWMPI) organized by UMRAM
- Tolga Cukur has been awarded the EMBO Installation Grant
- Accelerated Phase-Cycled SSFP Imaging with Compressed Sensing
- Spectrally-Selective Imaging With Wideband Balanced Steady-State Free Precession MRI
- Ischemic Stroke Phenotype in Patients With Nonsustained Atrial Fibrillation
- Attention modulates neuronal correlates of interhemispheric integration and global motion perception
- Proton spectroscopy in patients with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Effect of contiguity and figure-ground organization on the area rule of lightness
- Katja Doerschner Has Been Awarded Sofja Kovalevskaja Award
- Hüseyin Boyaci Has Been Awarded Senior Fulbright Scholar Award